All New Jersey high school students graduate ready to live, learn, and earn.
To prepare every student for success in college, career, and community by harnessing the collective voices of New Jersey’s diverse education stakeholders in advocacy for high quality public education.
Who We Are:
WRNJ is a diverse coalition of New Jersey organizations and associations that are united in our belief that New Jersey students need and deserve a world-class education to effectively compete and succeed in our rapidly changing world. Our coalition organizes the power of each member organization into a collective voice to advocate for high quality academic standards and aligned assessments, and to ensure that every child is prepared for college, career, and active citizenship in our communities.
- To champion the goal of New Jersey’s public education system: that our students graduate prepared for college, career, and citizenship.
- To promote effective implementation of the six pillars of the high-quality education each child needs to prepare for future success: high expectations, committed and supported school staff, family engagement, quality instruction, information on student progress, and career exploration.
- To ensure New Jersey parents, educators, and students have access and exposure to accurate and user-friendly information and data about progress in each of these pillars.
- To create a strong, collective voice on behalf of New Jersey citizens to successfully advocate for the policies and activities that support the pillars – where and when it matters.
- To promote the utility of effective resources that empower parents, educators, and community members to identify the academic strengths of children, schools, and districts as well as areas for development.
We Raise NJ includes members of the following organizations:
- African American Chamber of Commerce of New Jersey
- New Jersey Business & Industry Association
- New Jersey Chamber of Commerce Foundation
- New Jersey Public Charter Schools Association
- New Jersey Council of County Colleges
- New Jersey PTA
- Parent Impact
- Teach For America-NJ
We Raise NJ benefits from the advice and input of a diverse range of state education leaders and stakeholders. These individuals help to ensure coalition activities and priorities are informed by many perspectives and reflective of the wide range of student, family, educator, and business needs across New Jersey:
- Paul Crupi, Senior Vice President, Capital Impact Group
- Bari Erlichson, Educator, Consultant, and Former Assistant Commissioner, NJ Department of Education
- Giovanna Hansen, Education Services Specialist, U.S. Army Mid-Atlantic Recruiting Battalion
- Dave Hespe, Former Commissioner, NJ Department of Education
- Marc Mancinelli, President and Founder, South Jersey Data Leaders Partnership
- Sharon Seyler, Legislative Advocate, NJ School Boards Association
We Raise New Jersey was formed in 2015 as New Jersey transitioned to new state academic standards and to the PARCC assessment. Our initial mission was to share proactive resources to help parents and teachers understand why New Jersey adopted more rigorous state standards and high-quality assessments, and why they are an important part of helping our students graduate high school ready for success. We have always believed that assessments are one critical part of the education system providing information to parents, educators, students, and policymakers – while recognizing that they are just one tool of many to guide and improve learning and increase student achievement.
Since 2017, we have broadened the focus of our coalition to support six key pillars that contribute to student success: high expectations, committed and supported school staff, family engagement, quality instruction, information on student progress, and career exploration. All of these are important components of making sure our students are graduating ready for anything they choose to pursue next.
We Raise New Jersey is generously supported by the Charles & Lynn Schusterman Family Foundation (CLSFF) and Prudential Financial, and has also received support from the following organizations and foundations who share our commitment to helping all New Jersey students succeed:
- Collaborative for Student Success
- Geraldine R. Dodge Foundation
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce